Dinky Town is an innovative children’s indoor play centre located in Oulton Broad, Lowestoft, Suffolk created to enhance the fun and educational experience imaginative role play brings to a child’s early years.
To book a play session and to read all of our rules/regulations (including those regarding Covid-19) please click the ‘Book Now’ tab now.
We are really excited to have just formed a Partnership with Under 1 Roof to bring more facilites to the area, from children’s classes and activities to extending the menu options for the onsite cafe. Lots of exciting developments will be taking place over the next few weeks/months so please follow our Facebook page to keep up to date with progression.
NEW MEASURES RE COVID-19 – FROM MONDAY 7th SEPTEMBER 2020
We are so thrilled to announce we are reopening on Monday 7th September 2020.
We have made some changes and put safety measures in place to make sure your visit to Dinky Town for you and your little ones will be safe. We are very confident that you will enjoy the benefits of reduced capacity and extra cleaning measures.
- We have gone back to sessions during these times with reduced and limited spaces and time between to increase cleaning time between sessions. All surfaces and toys will be constantly disinfected and will be swapping out toys for sanitized ones. You can use our booking system below to book your play session. Each session will be priced at £5 per child and last for 1 hour and 30 minutes.
- Significant capacity reduced
- In addition to enhanced cleaning between sessions, we will be cleaning high contact points and touch points throughout the session as well as carrying out a more thorough clean between sessions and at the end of the day.
- As well as cleaning all surfaces and toys constantly we will also be using a fogging machine to clean the toys and all hard surfaces for double protection,
- More vigorous and intense cleaning
- Adults will need to wear a mask covering during the session unless seated enjoying a snack or coffee.
- Our team will be wearing visors
- Measures are in place to promote social distancing throughout dinky town as well as arrow directions throughout the play area with entry and exit signage
- We ask that you sanitize your hands on arrival using our touch free hand sanitizing station. We have further sanitizing stations around Dinky Town.
- We ask that children are supervised by adults at all times to assist with social distancing.
- We will have a ‘wash box’ where you can place any mouthed toys as soon as they finish playing so we can clean and disinfect them.
- We will be taking your details for NHS test and trace upon arrival. These will be destroyed after 21 days.
- We ask all guests to please comply with our COVID-19 regulations and maintain good hygiene and remain a safe distance between other households.
- We have removed certain toys, props and costumes such as play makeup and plush toys to try keep the play area as safe and hygienic as possible.
- If you or a family member feels unwell or has any COVID-19 symptoms we kindly ask that you postpone your visit.
Please do not visit Dinky Town if you, your child or anyone in your household is feeling unwell, has a temperature or are showing any symptoms of COVID-19.
Please click on our Times & Prices for our full opening hours timetable.
Upon our reopening we will be opening Monday to Friday but hope to have weekend sessions available in the not too distant future. Party bookings for any day are now being taken again. Please contact us for further details or enquiries.
A Little Town for Little People
Dinky Town ignites imaginations and provides a fantastic play setting within a safe environment. See the delight on your child’s face as they immerse themselves in their own little town created especially for little people.
Dinky Town is ideally suited to all children from 1 (or walking) to around 6/7 years old and is a parent supervised activity. Older children and siblings are always welcome, as long as they respect the little ones, and often re-discover their love of role play.
We haven’t forgotten about the parents though, our open plan setting means that you can enjoy a treat from our on-site cafe, which serves a wide selection of hot/cold drinks, light lunches and snacks, whilst keeping a close eye on your little one – but joining in is just as much fun too.
We are typically open 7 days a week between 9.30am and 4pm week days and 9.30pm to 12 noon on weekends. We close for the afternoon on weekends to accommodate private hire parties or special events, but please do always check our Times & Prices page for full information and last admission times.
Learning through play
- Supermarket – Let your little ones go wild in the aisles and fill their mini shopping trolleys with a wide selection of the usual essentials, or simply help our Mini Mart customers check out.
- Vets – Our resident soft toy animals are all waiting for a check-up and are in need of some tender loving care
- American Style Diner – Dinky’s Diner is full of lovely treats so maybe your little person would like to serve you a coffee, milkshake, flip you a pancake, make you a burger or just chat over a piece of delicious brownie.
- Doctors – With plenty of medical accessories at hand any enthusiastic ‘Junior’ Doctors will be able to diagnose any treatments required in their very own little practise
- Theatre – For all the little Ballerinas, Rock-stars, Princess’ and Superheroes out there a stage and spotlight is waiting
- Hair and Makeup- Where your little ones can do their hair and makeup ready for their big show at our theatre!
- Fire Station – Complete with all the essential fire fighting kit and very own Fire Engine Dinky Town is sure to be in safe hands and is always in need of some new recruits
- Construction Area – If you know any budding builders that can help us with on-going construction send them down to Dinky Town. We have all the tools waiting for them to help us complete the job.
- Police station, Post office, Picnic area and plenty of themed ride on toys to enhance the experience and get about town!
- Grandmas House- Come to Grandmas house where you can sit by the fire and enjoy Grandmas biscuits, cakes and teas.