Important Message: 09/03/2019
We regret to inform you that we will currently remain closed until the electrical fault we experienced yesterday has been rectified. We are very sorry for any inconvenience caused during this time but we are working hard to resolve the issue and re-open asap.
Dinky Town is an innovative children’s indoor play centre located in Oulton Broad, Lowestoft, Suffolk created to enhance the fun and educational experience imaginative role play brings to a child’s early years.
We are really excited to have just formed a Partnership with Under 1 Roof to bring more facilites to the area, from children’s classes and activities to extending the menu options for the onsite cafe. Lots of exciting developments will be taking place over the next few weeks/months so please follow our Facebook page to keep up to date with progression.
A Little Town for Little People
Dinky Town ignites imaginations and provides a fantastic play setting within a safe environment. See the delight on your child’s face as they immerse themselves in their own little town created especially for little people.
Dinky Town is ideally suited to all children from 1 (or walking) to around 6/7 years old and is a parent supervised activity. Older children and siblings are always welcome, as long as they respect the little ones, and often re-discover their love of role play.
We haven’t forgotten about the parents though, our open plan setting means that you can enjoy a treat from our on-site cafe, which serves a wide selection of hot/cold drinks, light lunches and snacks, whilst keeping a close eye on your little one – but joining in is just as much fun too.
We are typically open 7 days a week between 9.30am and 4pm week days and 9.30pm to 12 noon on weekends. We close for the afternoon on weekends to accommodate private hire parties or special events, but please do always check our Times & Prices page for full information and last admission times.
Learning through play
- Supermarket – Let your little ones go wild in the aisles and fill their mini shopping trolleys with a wide selection of the usual essentials, or simply help our Mini Mart customers check out.
- Vets – Our resident soft toy animals are all waiting for a check-up and are in need of some tender loving care
- Café – Dinky’s Diner is full of lovely treats so maybe your little person would like to serve you a drink, make you a sandwich, or just chat over a piece of delicious cake. There is also the drive-thru if they are on the go!
- Doctors – With plenty of medical accessories at hand any enthusiastic ‘Junior’ Doctors will be able to diagnose any treatments required in their very own little practise
- Theatre – For all the little Ballerinas, Rock-stars, Princess’ and Superheroes out there a stage and spotlight is waiting
- Fire Station – Complete with all the essential fire fighting kit and very own Fire Engine Dinky Town is sure to be in safe hands and is always in need of some new recruits
- Construction Area – If you know any budding builders that can help us with on-going construction send them down to Dinky Town. We have all the tools waiting for them to help us complete the job.
- Police station, Post office, Picnic area and plenty of themed ride on toys to enhance the experience and get about town!